Mon, 20 Sep 2021 - 01:55 GMT
There is more to this tropical fruit than just its delicious taste. Pineapple gives those island and the Caribbean feels with its bursting flavor, but this fruit is also packed with several nutritional benefits that will make you love it even more. Also, pineapples are perfect as a healthy snack option when you feel the urge to munch on something. There are so many ways you can enjoy this delicious fruit, whether as a juice or smoothie, eaten fresh, or chopped in your salad all the while your body makes the best of its health benefits.
1. Improve gut health and aids digestion. Pineapples are the source of bromelain, a combination of enzymes that help with the digestion process and make you absorb food easier. Additionally, pineapples are also rich in fiber which ensures a regular bowel movement. It has also been proven that drinking one glass of pineapple can relieve nausea.
2. Pineapples can strengthen your bones. The manganese found in pineapples plays an essential role in promoting bones health and strength. One cup of pineapple has around 70% of the daily intake of manganese needed for your body.
3. Boost your immunity. Pineapples has a wide variety of vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin C which plays a vital role in boosting the immune system. Regular consumption of pineapples lowers the risk of several viral and bacterial infections.
4. Rich in antioxidants. Besides the minerals, vitamins, and nutrients, pineapples are loaded with antioxidants, specifically phenolic acids and flavonoids. Antioxidants protect your cells from free radicals which are chemical compounds that can cause several diseases.
5. Help in post-workout recovery. The anti-inflammatory properties of bromelain in pineapple make this a great post-workout snack to help muscles recover quicker and keep you from feeling sore.