New Urban Communities Authority

Cabinet approves sale of land in USD to foreign companies

Thu, 04 Jan 2024 - 02:01 GMT

This is in line with the government’s efforts to attract foreign currency amid an FX shortage that has impacted several sectors

FRA mulls issuing securitized bonds worth LE 20B

Tue, 02 Aug 2022 - 03:46 GMT

The total amount of securitized bonds, which have been issued since the beginning of 2022 and after the approval of the NUCA's request, will reach LE 30 billion and it will be the biggest issuance of its kind in the Egyptian capital market.

Egypt’s PM congratulates New Urban Communities Authority on winning Habitat Scroll of Honor Award for 2021

Sat, 18 Sep 2021 - 08:32 GMT

Egypt’s Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli congratulated on Saturday the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA) after winning the Habitat Scroll of Honor Award for 2021.

Egypt approves LE140B for the "urban communities" budget during 2021-2022

Mon, 08 Mar 2021 - 03:24 GMT

Minister of Housing Assem Al-Gazzar, who is the Head of the authority, said in a statement, Sunday, that spending from this budget will, during the next fiscal year 2021/2022, to finish, complete and start implementing hundreds of thousands of housing units of all kinds in the new cities.

EBRD rises its contribution in Egypt’s LE20B bond program to LE 3B

Tue, 21 Jul 2020 - 10:44 GMT

EBRD supports Egypt’s New Urban Communities Authority in its plans to diversify funding sources by tapping the debt capital market with an investment of LE 1.5 billion.

Housing Ministry reviews NUCA accomplishments in 2018

Wed, 26 Dec 2018 - 02:00 GMT

Madbouli said that the sector approved the designs and planning of 115 investment, urban and service projects that will be established on 73,000 feddans in 15 new cities including 23 projects in the New Administrative Capital.

Granting residence to foreigners buying property to be applied next week

Tue, 06 Nov 2018 - 11:49 GMT

The decision to grant a temporary residence to foreigners in return for buying a property will be put into effect starting next week

50 public transport buses to be provided for new cities

Tue, 25 Sep 2018 - 02:50 GMT

The New Urban Communities Authority received 50 public transport buses to be dedicated for social housing services at the new cities, the prime minister declared.

GOPP, UN-Habitat sign MoU to develop New Ras El Hekma Waterfront

Wed, 29 Aug 2018 - 11:41 GMT

The waterfront will be in line with the New Urban Agenda, Egypt’s 2030 Agenda and the international sustainable development goals.

Cabinet approves placing Warraq Island under supervision of NUCA

Thu, 19 Apr 2018 - 09:24 GMT

The supervision of the disputed El-Warraq Island was moved to the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA) per a presidential decree.

Orascom to develop land in partnership with Urban Authority

Tue, 10 Apr 2018 - 10:05 GMT

Orascom Development Egypt will own about 70 percent of the new company’s shares and Sameh Sawiris will contribute the remaining 30 percent of the capital.

Housing Ministry to launch more land plots in 23 new cities

Sun, 26 Nov 2017 - 10:46 GMT

Housing Ministry to launch more land plots in 23 new cities

NUCA to deliver land plots for small investors in December

Thu, 23 Nov 2017 - 10:13 GMT

The bids usually include feasibility, financial and economic studies and brief on how the investor would access funds.

Housing minister calls for speeding up work at New Capital

Thu, 23 Nov 2017 - 10:04 GMT

The project’s first phase is worth a total of $8 billion and spans over 12,500 feddans.

Housing Ministry, Palm Hills sign LE 150M contract for new project

Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 11:21 GMT

The government’s share in the project will be 26 percent, where it will acquire LE 25 billion from the project sales and 420,000 square meters of buildings.

60k terms of reference for Sakan Misr sold in two weeks

Thu, 31 Aug 2017 - 09:59 GMT

Five days after issuing the terms of reference on August 15, more than 23,000 terms of reference were sold.

Palm Hills to co-launch mega project in West Cairo 2018

Sun, 18 Jun 2017 - 01:17 GMT

Real estate developer Palm Hills Development (PHD) and the New Urban Communities Authority (NUCA).

First phase of New Mansoura to start end of 2017

Mon, 08 May 2017 - 10:42 GMT

The first phase of a project to establish the New Mansoura city will start by the end of 2017, said sources at the New Urban Communities Authority.