Tombs

Min.of Antiquities inaugurates 2 archaeological tombs in Luxor

Sun, 08 Sep 2019 - 12:22 GMT

The Egyptian Ministry of Antiquities inaugurated two archaeological tombs at the necropolis of Dra' Abu el-Naga' in Luxor after the completion of their restoration on Sunday, September 8.

Six tombs dating back to the Old Kingdom uncovered in Aswan

Mon, 21 Jan 2019 - 08:49 GMT

The English Archaeological Mission of the University of Birmingham working on Hawa Dome project in Aswan succeeded in uncovering six tombs of different sizes dating back to the Old Kingdom.

Six tombs dating back to the Old Kingdom uncovered in Aswan

Sun, 20 Jan 2019 - 03:49 GMT

The English Archaeological Mission of the University of Birmingham working on Hawa Dome project in Aswan succeeded in uncovering six tombs of different sizes dating back to the Old Kingdom.

Saudi archaeological treasure of Al-Ula to open to tourists for the 1st time

Wed, 11 Apr 2018 - 11:08 GMT

All of Al-Ula is an open air museum, which has so much history still waiting to be discovered.

Alexandrian catacombs: A look into Hellenistic past

Thu, 15 Mar 2018 - 10:30 GMT

Luxor and Aswan are known for Pharaonic tombs, but Alexandria also has a share of the glory, although its monuments are low-profile, even among Egyptians.

Visit the Pyramids, and now the nearby tombs of their builders

Wed, 08 Nov 2017 - 10:00 GMT

Tombs of workers who built the Giza Pyramids are open to the public for the first time since they were discovered in 1990.

Myth of Mummy Wheat debunked

Tue, 12 Sep 2017 - 08:30 GMT

Many of Egyptian antiquities were still undiscovered as about 30 percent of its total antiquities were found; the remaining 70 percent is still buried.

Police resolves mystery of dumped remains in Upper Egypt

Mon, 11 Sep 2017 - 02:28 GMT

As part of the investigation conducted by the Public Prosecution, a committee has been formed to determine the dates of death of newly found remains.

Ancient tombs unearthed in Minya, says official

Fri, 18 Aug 2017 - 03:10 GMT

Ancient tombs and ruins of a residential area dating back to the Coptic era have been discocered in El Bahnasa city in the Upper Egyptian governorate of Minya.

3 Ptolemaic tombs discovered in Minya

Tue, 15 Aug 2017 - 11:50 GMT

Egyptian archaeological mission from the Ministry of Antiquities discovered three Ptolemaic tombs.

The completion of Al-Ma’ala tombs registration procedures

Wed, 21 Jun 2017 - 08:03 GMT

The digital photography as well as the registration procedures related to all the tombs in Al-Ma'ala archaeological area located in Esna city.

More