Recently there is quite a hype on superfoods and healthier alternatives to what we consume on a daily basis. Worth mentioning that there is a noticeable awareness on the importance of a good nutrition, in addition to several unhealthy eating habits that need to be abandoned. The move towards this approach is welcomed with acceptance from an increasing number of people with a capacity and interest to learn more about following healthy diets and nutrition plan, not only for the aim of losing weight, but most importantly to stay healthy.
Lately, pink Himalayan salt has been advised by several nutritionist as a healthier alternative to table salt. Since salt is a very commonly consumed ingredient in food, one should pay attention to some of the harmful impacts it can cause. Though sodium is important for the body, too much of sodium can lead to high blood pressure, and from here let’s take a look on why we should switch to pink Himalayan salt.
What Is Pink Himalayan Salt?
This pink-colored salt is extracted from the Khewra salt mine which is the oldest salt mine located near the Himalayas in Pakistan. Being hand-extracted, pink Himalayan salt is minimally processed which means it is unrefined and free from additives. The natural process of harvesting this salt doesn’t strip minerals away from it. Pink Himalayan salt includes a significantly higher number of minerals than regular table salt, and this is what gives it this pink color. Pink Himalayan salt can be used bit as a food additive and in cooking as well.
Dietary Benefits Of Pink Himalayan Salt
• Controls high blood pressure as it is lower in sodium than table salt.
• Contrary to regular salt, pink Himalayan salt does not dehydrate you. In fact it aids with hydration as it helps maintaining fluid balance and blood pressure in your body.
• A little pinch of pink Himalayan salt can go a long way when it comes to taste as opposed to table salt, accordingly it will help you consume less.
• Pink Himalayan salt aids in strengthening the bones as it contains several minerals such as calcium and magnesium which are important for bone formation and density.
Non-Dietary Benefits Of Pink Himalayan Salt
• Using pink Himalayan salt in salt baths can help you relax, soothes sore muscles, and rejuvenates the skin.
• Pink Himalayan salt is often used in salt lamps to help purify the air and clear out negative energy.
• The rough granules of pink Himalayan salt makes it a commonly used substance in spa treatments like facial and body scrubs.
Leave a Comment