Greek yogurt is a kitchen staple that's not known for being exciting, but it's very versatile and can be used in surprising ways in bold recipes that are also healthy. We teamed up with inSeason, a salad bar and health food restaurant,
to see how this basic ingredient can pack a punch when used in dips, ice cream and oats.
Recipes courtesy of inSeason
Cashew Milk Overnight Oats with Chia seeds and Greek Yogurt
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup inSeason Cashew Milk
2 tsp maple syrup
1 pinch cinnamon
1 cup inSeason fruity Greek Yogurt
1 tsp chia seeds
1. Mix together the oats, cashew milk, maple syrup and cinnamon.
2. Refrigerate overnight, or for at least four hours.
3. Drain any excess liquid from the oats and assemble the bowl with inSeason’s fruity Greek yogurt and chia seeds.
Avocado Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
1/2 cup plain inSeason Original Greek Yogurt
2 ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp finely chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/4 tsp ground cumin
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1. Place the yogurt, avocados, garlic, cilantro, jalapenos, lime juice, and cumin in a blender or food processor, and mix until smooth.
2. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
[caption id="attachment_364777" align="alignnone" width="620"]
Avocado Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip[/caption]
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Ice Cream
1 cup inSeason Cashew Milk
3/4 cup inSeason Original Greek
2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
2 tsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1. Mix together gently and place in the freezer until it reaches your desired consistency.
[caption id="attachment_364778" align="alignnone" width="620"]
Greek Yogurt Chocolate Ice Cream[/caption]