Al-Ahly vs Ismaily - Press Photo
CAIRO – 04 August 2018: A quick first round has passed since the start of the new season of the Egyptian league 2018/2019; it has witnessed many surprises, new comers, 15 spectators for each team but poor football during the past four days.
The first round started on Tuesday, 31st of July, and the 18 teams scored only 14 goals. The games witnessed poor performance and managers claimed the good is yet to come.
Misr Al Makasah vs Smouha
Egypt Today presents the scores, the first round main events and the upcoming matches:
Ittihad Alexandria 1 – 1 Arab Contractors
Petrojet 0 – 0 Zamalek SC
Al Dakhleya 1 – 1 Wadi Degla
Al Intag el-Harby 2 – 1 Haras El Hedoud
Negoum FC 0 – 0 Talaea El Geish
El Gouna 0 – 1 Al Masry
Al Ahly 1 – 1 Ismaily
Misr Al Makasah 1 – 2 Smouha
Enppi 0 – 1 Pyramids
Pyramids FC players celebrate the first victory
- Ittihad Alexandria’s Emanuel Banaheny scored the first goal
- Arab Contractors’ defender, Mohamed Samir, got the first Red card
- In Petrojet and Zamalek match, the power cut off which led to a 105 minute game.
- Zamalek’s president, Mortada Mansour, fined his players by EGP 100,000 each.
- Al-Ahly’s last minute goals saved them to snatch a point from brave Ismaily.
- Egyptian League’s new comers, El Gouna, Haras El Hedoud and Negoum FC, failed to win in their first match
- Pyramids FC appears for the first time. Despite their poor performance but Mohamed Magdy Afsha scored the winner against his old club; he didn’t celebrate though.
Smouha leads the Egyptian league table followed by Al Intag el-Harby in the second place.
Al Intag El Harby team
The second round is set to start on Saturday with the following matches:
Zamalek SC – Ittihad Alexandria at (08:00 p.m.)
Haras El Hedoud – Al Dakhliya at (04:30 p.m.)
Ismaily – Petrojet at (06:45 p.m.)
Wadi Degla – El Gouna at (09:00 p.m.)
Al Masry – Al Ahly at (08:00 p.m.)
Pyramids – Al Intag El Harby at (04:30 p.m.)
Al Mokawlon – Misr El Makasah at (06:45 p.m.)
Smouha –Negoum FC at (06:45 p.m.)
Talaea El Geish – Enppi at (09:00 p.m.)