30 minutes to make
1kg starchy potatoes
1/2 unpeeled clove of garlic
4 tbs butter
1 tps salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 cup grated Swiss cheese
1 cup boiling milk or cream
1. Preheat oven to 210C. Peel the potatoes and slice them 1/8 inch thick. Place in cold water.
2. Rub the baking dish with cut garlic. Smear the dish with 1 tbs of the butter.
3. Drain the potatoes and dry them in a towel. Spread half of them in the bottom of the dish. Divide over them half the salt, pepper, cheese, and butter.
4. Arrange the remaining potatoes over the first layer and season. Sprinkle on the rest of the cheese and divide the butter over it. Pour on the boiling milk.
5. Set the baking dish in upper third of preheated oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, the milk is absorbed, and the top is a golden brown.
Leave a Comment