The Iftar table in Ramadan has many traditional dishes; the most outstanding of which is Khoshaf (dried fruit compote).
Khoshaf is a very popular dish for breaking the fast in the month of Ramadan. Different are the ways of making Khoshaf, the ingredients are always the same, and only few women can ably make it by adding their special touch of fruits and nuts. Today, we brought to you the special Khoshaf recipe in simple steps with an enjoyable different taste; and you can serve Khoshaf with your own touch afterwards.
Prunes (dried plums)
Qamar El-Din (A concentrated juice prepared from dried apricot)
Nuts and fresh fruit cut to pieces (if needed)
1. Wash the dates well and remove the stone.
2. Bring a bowl of water, add sugar and stir till the sugar dissolves.
3. Place the dates in the water and cut even size dried apricots and figs, and add to the dates.
4. Add prunes to the mixture of dates and all the other ingredients.
5. Pour half a cup of water into a small bowl then put Qamar El-Din.
6. Heat the bowl that contains Qamar El-Din until completely dissolved, add some sugar and wait till it cools.
7. Add water, dates and all of the ingredients together, and stir well.
8. Place the bowl in the fridge till serving time, and you can add nuts, pieces of grapes and apricots.