1. 150g salted butter, softened
2. 80g light brown sugar (Muscovado)
3. 80g granulated sugar
4. 2 tsp vanilla extract
5. 1 large egg
6. 225g plain flour
7. ½ tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
8. ¼ tsp salt
9. 200g plain chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C/170C fan/gas 5. Prepare two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until creamy, then beat in the vanilla extract and egg. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon.
3. Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
4. Put small amounts on greased baking trays and bake for 8-10 minutes.
5. Let cookies sit a few minutes to firm, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Leave a Comment