Photo courtesy of Lychee Fruit Bar
CAIRO – 26 July 2017: A healthy life needs a healthy energy boosting breakfast and no one knows healthy better than Lychee.
Follow this step by step recipe to make your very own homemade fully charged breakfast.
All you need is a bowl, or a glass mason jar.
Serves 1 regular portion or 2 small ones:
• ½ cup (around 5-6 oz.) non-fat organic Greek yogurt
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• ¼ cup (2-3 oz.) homemade almond milk
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter (optional)
• 1 teaspoon coconut shavings
• 1 peeled, sliced banana
• 1 ounce of peanuts (about a spoonful)
• 2 tablespoons granola or oatmeal
1. To make almond milk at home, soak a cup of raw almonds (with or without peel) overnight in some filter water. Rinse them well the next day then blend with about 3/5 to 1 liter of filter water. Sieve through a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth, squeezing out all the milky goodness. Add a drop or two of raw Vanilla extract – or not – and you’re good to go. Keep refrigerated.
2. Mix chia seeds, almond milk, coconut shavings and honey. Let the pudding sit in the fridge overnight.
3. Add Greek yogurt to the pudding and whip or mix for 30 seconds using a wooden spoon. Top with a dollop of peanut butter.
4. Add the fresh banana slices. Sprinkle the peanuts and granola on top.