Bad eating habits affect our overall health and it goes far beyond weight gain. Unhealthy eating habits can contribute to several diseases, high cholesterol levels, poor sleep quality, and a lot more. It all starts and ends with what we eat and how we eat. We think that one little bad habit will not be of much harm or even we may have a certain bad habit without us knowing it’s wrong, unhealthy, and affecting us. Here are bad eating habits you need to quit now.
1. Starving yourself. This is one of the worst mistakes that people aiming to lose weight do quite often. You may think that starving yourself will make you lose weight faster but in fact, it has a counter effect. Over time, this will slow down your metabolism and you will not be able to function properly.
2. Skipping breakfast. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It is important to kick start your day with a healthy breakfast packed with the nutrients your body needs. Also starting your day with a healthy breakfast will fuel you up with energy for the long day ahead of you.
3. Eating too quickly. Not only that you won’t enjoy your food, but also you are not giving your brain enough time to sync in with your stomach. When you eat too quickly you are not giving your brain enough time to process that you are full. Additionally, eating too quickly leads to digestive problems.
4. Binge eating late at night. Let’s be honest, most of us have those moments of walking to the fridge late at night to pick a dessert, sandwich, or other unhealthy snacks. Consuming unhealthy foods late at night or right before you sleep highly contributes to weight gain.
5. Cutting out an entire food group altogether from your meals. Unless for medical reasons, cutting out an entire food group is not healthy. For instance, some people cut carbs totally out of their diet to lose weight. This will leave you low on energy. Instead, include healthy carbs in your diet in foods such as sweet potato, quinoa, oats, berries, and bananas.
Leave a Comment