There is a direct relation between what we eat and how we feel, not only physically, but emotionally as well. Some people resort to food to make themselves feel better, and this is what we call emotional eating. But the question is, are you turning to the right type of food? While mood is influenced by many factors including lack of sleep, stress, and more, researches have proven that food plays a role in how we feel. So if you want to give your mood and energy a boost, try these foods that will help make you feel better.
1. Dark Chocolate: Not only that it tastes amazing, dark chocolate is rich in several mood-boosting components such as caffeine and theobromine. Dark chocolate is also known to boost brain function.
2. Bananas: Being an excellent source of potassium, vitamin B6 and carbs, bananas are among the best foods for giving an energy boost for
3. Fatty fish: Fatty fish such as salmon and tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which help protect against depression and reduce inflammation which is one of the causes behind fatigue.
4. Nuts & seeds: Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts as well as sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds are an excellent source of tryptophan, zinc, and selenium which help in supporting brain function and lowering your risk of depression.
5. Coffee: Well, this definitely comes as no surprise. The caffeine in coffee gives an excellent energy boost and increases alertness. Also, coffee promotes the release of mood-boosting neurotransmitters such dopamine.
6. Berries: The antioxidants in berries are helpful in managing the inflammation that associates with depression and mood disorders. Additionally, anthocyanin found in berries play a role in lowering the risks of depression.
7. Sweet Potatoes: Aside from being very delicious and versatile, sweet potatoes are rich in fiber and complex carbs which make them an excellent energy booster. Additionally, the fiber content will keep you fuller for longer.