Lighting system of the jewel of Islamic architecture on Al-Muizz Street upgraded

BY

Wed, 21 Oct 2020 - 12:36 GMT

Al-Mansour Seif al-Din Qalawun Palace in Al-Muizz St. - photo via Egypt's Min. of Tourism & Antiquities

Al-Mansour Seif al-Din Qalawun Palace in Al-Muizz St. - photo via Egypt's Min. of Tourism & Antiquities

Within the framework of Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities’ plan to develop and archaeological areas and sites, the work of lighting the external facades of the al-Mansour Saif al-Din Qalawun began on al-Muizz Street.

 

Osama Talaat, head of the Islamic, Coptic and Jewish Antiquities Sector, explained that work is underway to select and determine the quantities and colors of lighting required in proportion to the aesthetic element of the archaeological group.

 

It is worth noting that Sultan Saif al-Din Qalawun al-Alfi built that group between the years 683 and 684 AH (1283-1284 AD), and it includes a group of buildings, including a school of learning that is also used as a mosque, a dome and a mausoleum, and a bimaristan to treat the sick.

 

The complex was built on the remaining part of the small western Fatimid palace facing what was once the great eastern Fatimid palace. The area was known as “Bain el-Kasserain” {Between two palaces}.

 

 

 

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Be Social