FILE – A plane belonging to Oman Air - Kurush Pawar/Flickr
CAIRO – 25 March 2020: Saudi Arabia will extend visas of Egyptians who were unable to leave the Kingdom, through the electronic services of Absher and Muqeem, as Saudi Arabia confirmed a total of 900 coronavirus cases by Wednesday and two deaths.
Also, Foreign pilgrims of this Hijri year, whose visas were expired, would be allowed, until March 28th, to request exemption from any legal consequences, including relevant fines, said Yasser Hashem, Egyptian assistant foreign minister for consular affairs and Egyptian expats.
In Oman, Egyptian Ambassador Mohamed Ghoneim said final steps are now taken to coordinate with Egyptian flag carrier EgyptAir and obtain the required permits and official approvals, to operate an exceptional flight to Cairo.
In an interview with Egypt Today, Ghoneim said the date of the flight and prices of tickets would be announced later, once procedures are finished.
However, the flight is expected to start from Muscat, the capital of Oman, at dawn, to arrive in Egypt by 7 a.m., Ghoneim noted, citing initial information.
Egyptian Health Minister Hala Zayed confirmed 40 new coronavirus (Covid-19) cases between Tuesday 7 p.m. and Wednesday 2 p.m., bringing the total number of cases to 442.
The death toll rose to 21 people after one fatality was confirmed, Zayed said in a press conference, along with Minister of State for Information Osama Heikal.
The results of a total of 113 cases so far have turned out to negative, Zayed said, including 93 persons who totally recovered.
Egyptian Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly, in a press conference on Tuesday, announced a dusk-to-dawn curfew between 7:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. for 15 days, in a bid to prevent large gatherings and movement of citizens, unless absolutely necessary.