FILE – Students eating school meals
CAIRO – 2 February 2020: In preparation for the second 3-month semester due to start on February 8, the Ministry of Education announced its hygiene plan for students nationwide, amid the outbreak of the deadly coronavirus (nCoV).
The ministry added that all schools nationwide were notified to adopt a medical preventive plan to deal with the infectious disease as every school should follow up certain hygiene procedures such as providing anti-meningitis vaccinations.
Every school should ensure the safety of the school meals in the stores, the ministry continued, adding that the students will be subject to a medical examination at the beginning of the second term.
Parents of the students, who will be absent for more than two days, will be questioned for the reasons behind their children’s absence, the statement said.
In a press conference held on Sunday, the World Health Organization (WHO) bureau in Cairo stated that all world countries will be equipped with coronavirus detectors within a week and that those will be delivered to Egypt in two hours.
The organization added that the region and the world have labs that can diagnose infected individuals whose number is currently 11,953, mainly in China. The virus evolves in 20 percent of patients, and incurs the death of two among every 100 patients. Yet, the infection rate is still unknown.
Last week, President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi directed the government to take all necessary measures for returning the Egyptian expatriates in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the birth-place of the deadly coronavirus, said the Cabinet in a statement.
The state-owned flag carrier of Egypt, EgyptAir, sent a private plane on Sunday to China to repatriate Egyptians residing in Wuhan. The returnees will be quarantined for up to 14 days- believed to be the virus's incubation period. Also, those who dealt with them since they entered the private plane will be subject to a medical examination.