Pope Francis | Photo: Reuters
VATICAN, Oct 13 (MENA) - Vatican Pope Francis has appealed for a new effort at dialogue after US forces pulled back from northeastern Syria, clearing the way for Turkey's offensive against Syrian Kurds there, abc news reported on Sunday.
Francis said civilians including Christian families "had been forced to abandon their homes as a result of military action."
Speaking Sunday at the end of a Mass, Francis urged the international community to work with "sincerity, honesty and transparency" toward finding "efficient solutions."
The United Nations says at least 130,000 people have been displaced by the fighting in northeastern Syria with many more likely on the move as a Turkish offensive in the area enters its fifth day.