Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz - Reuters
JEDDAH, Sept 17 (MENA) - King Salman bin Abdel Aziz on Tuesday said that Saudi Arabia is able to deal with the consequences of a terrorist attack that targeted Aramco oil facilities in the kingdom earlier this week.
At a cabinet meeting, he added that these attacks are not only targeting oil facilities in the kingdom but also the international oil supply and threaten the stability of the international economy.
Meanwhile, Saudi Information Minister Turki bin Abdullah Shabana called on the international community to stand against the perpetrators of these attacks as such acts are affecting the international economy.
The minister told the meeting about the serious consequences of the attack against the oil facilities which led to the stoppage of oil supply to the amount of 7.5 million barrels and around 2 billion cubic feet of gas per day.
The cabinet confirmed that the kingdom will defend its territories with firm measures to stop such attacks that are threatening the region and the safety of oil supply and the international economy.