Overview of 2018 World Youth Forum closing - TV screenshot
CAIRO - 6 November 2018: The 2018 World Youth Forum (WYF) concluded on Nov.6 by presenting recommendations and honoring youths who made remarkable achievements in different fields. Dozens of panel and roundtable discussions took place on Nov.4 - 5.
The opening held on Nov.3 featured four key speakers who are Yazidi Nobel Peace Prize winner Nadia Murad, founder of Egyptian Streets publication Mohamed Khairat, Zondwa Mandela, and Hany Milad Hanna, son of the author of the "The Seven Pillars of Egyptian identity" book.
On the sidelines, President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi inaugurated the World Youth Theater, the Reviving Humanity Memorial, Start up Vein, and Freedom. E. In addition to more than 5,000 youth participants, the forum’s sessions were attended by foreign and local high profile delegates.
Preserving life is the path to peace, Sisi.
We have to back our youth dreams, Sisi.
1) Aswan is named the capital of African youth for the year 2019. This year, the MAAS will convene to examine challenges and issues.
2) Sharm El Sheikh will be the meeting point of African and Arab states integration.
3) The National Academy for Youth Training and Rehabilitation is assigned to set mechanisms to train Arab and African on leadership in the political, economic, and social realms.
4) All Arab states should conquer that the right to live is a human right, and unite to provide aid for terrorism and violence victims.
5) The formation of a research group observed by the WYF administration to study the impact of social media use to benefit from its positive effects and avoid its negative influences.
6) State institutions must collaborate with participants to set a strategy to raise awareness on water security.
7) The launch of an international initiative to train 10,000 youths on gaming and app development, and to found 100 companies in Egypt and Africa.
8) All state institutions must collaborate to establish a regional entrepreneurship centre in Egypt to provide different types of training needed.
9) The formation of a committee to run the Humanity Revival Memorial to become an international organization that preserves human values and provides support for terrorism victims.
10) The Cabinet is assigned to form a committee comprising the ministries of social solidarity and foreign affairs, and concerned state institutions to review the NGOs law holding a social dialogue and examining the experiences of other countries in that domain.
Egyptian identity was shaped by its diversity. Egyptians are ready to go ahead with building and developing their homeland, Sisi.
We aim to turn the forum into a large platform for youth worldwide, Sisi.
I am proud of your discussions in accordance with an effective and objective agenda, Sisi.
President Sisi thanked his Sudanese counterpart for attending. He also thanked organizers and contributors to the forum.
President Sisi hands trophies to Takunda Chingozo, Harbeen Arora, Farida Bedwei, Guillermo Martinez, Islam Abou Ali, Ayoub Sisters, Wadi Ben Hariki, Charif Hamidi, Mahmoud Saad Khaled and Radwa Hassan.
Egyptian singer Hossam Habib performed a song.
Ayoub Sisters (Laura and Sarah) played the national anthem on stage.
We should deal responsibly with our regions' dynamics, Constantinides.
We should be proud of who we are and of our identities, Constantinides.
We need to think what we should do to be in control of our lives and improve the status quo instead of blaming our leaders, Constantinides.
As this years marks the 100th birthday of Nelson Mandela, we need to ask ourselves what is the legacy we want to leave, Constantinides
We discussed so many topics and we learnt a lot, Catherine Constantinides from South Africa.
This forum must be a model to be followed in other countries, Apisara Sasison, the youngest international coordinator in the Department of Intellectual Property in Thailand.
I grant my tribe's royal title to President Sisi for all his initiatives to boost cooperation between Egypt and Malawi, Willard.
I am the king of a Tribe in Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania and South Africa. I reached that position ten years ago when I was six, Willard Mswati Gomani.
The world of today was shaped by yesterday's dreamers. Every successful country was built by its citizens, Italian-Moroccan speaker Majd al-Mahi.
Kuwaiti Investment Banking Analyst at Goldman Sachs Sarah Abushaar delivered a speech on youth empowerment.
Singularity University granted scholarships for two participants in the forum. One is Egyptian and the other is Nigerian, Ragheb.
The World Youth Theater will work all year long and not just during the forum, Ragheb.
Participants recommended the introduction of the Zoweil-Theiler Prize to be awarded to outstanding researchers from Arab and African countries, Ragheb.
Cyber protection awareness programs should be part of curricula taught at schools and universities as recommended by participants, Ragheb.
Recommendations by the Model of Arab African Summit (MAAS) include establishment of an Arab-African Fund to support post-conflict peacebuilding and reconstruction, an Arab-African Fund for SMEs and a mechanism to fight terrorism.
Recommendations on creativity also include the foundation of the National Council for Entrepreneurship, and offering training programs for young entrepreneurs in different fields by the National Academy for Youth Training and Rehabilitation.
Recommendations on creativity comprise the creation of a research committee to study social media impact, and set a strategy to achieve maximum benefit, minimize negative effects, and protect children from cyberbullying.
Participants recommended tailoring programs at the National Academy for Youth Training and Rehabilitation to train youth on volunteer work in different fields locally, regionally, and internationally.
Recommendations on development also include increasing the role of volunteering in African countries.
Recommendations on development consist of the organization of Young African Entrepreneurs Forum on the sidelines of the WYF, the launch of One Africa Initiative to be a platform achieving integration among states importing and exporting raw material, and those manufacturing.
Recommendations for peace include the launch of the Euro-Mediterranean Youth Forum to be hosted annually by rotation among member states, the Economic Euro-Mediterranean Forum to examine investment opportunities, and the Euro-Mediterranean Model.
Chairwoman of the National Academy for Youth Training and Rehabilitation Rasha Ragheb said that the realms covered in the forum included peace, development, and creativity, and were discussed by 141 speakers.
A video featuring the different events held during the forum was aired.
Deputy General Coordinator of 2018 WYF Aya Ateya expressed her happiness for the success of this year's forum, and the trust she and her colleagues had by their instructors in the Presidential Leadership Program (PLP).
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi arrives at the hall accompanied by his Sudanese counterpart Omar al-Bashir.