John, Susan Cooper at a resort in Hurghada - Facebook page of Red Sea governorate
CAIRO - 25 August 2018: Minister of Immigration and Expatriates’ Affairs Nabila Makram urged Egyptians across the world to spread the tourism ministry’s statement regarding the death of the two Brits in Hurghada city through social media platforms, to refute the rumors that can affect Egypt’s resorts.
The statement affirms that the ministry is closely following up on the death of the British couple at one of the major hotels at the Red Sea resort of Hurghada, in cooperation with the governorate of the Red Sea, tourism police and Thomas Cook Company that arranged the couple’s journey to Egypt, extending its condolences to the family of the couple.
Egypt's Attorney General Nabil Sadek issued a statement on Friday affirming that there were “no signs” of criminal resistance or violence existing on the bodies of the British couple who died on Tuesday in Hurghada, according to the initial forensic report.
In a statement issued on Friday commenting on the incident, Sadek said that Egypt’s general prosecution has received a notification regarding the British couple’s death in Hurghada on Tuesday; accordingly, a specialized team moved to the hotel, where the British couple was staying, to take all the needed legal procedures.
Later, the prosecution ordered that witnesses give statements regarding the incident and directed the forensic team to proceed with all of the needed procedures to determine if there were any criminal signs regarding the incident.
For its initial report, the forensic team stated that there are no signs of criminal resistance or violence existing on the two bodies; however, further examination will also take place, according to the statement.
John and Susan Cooper arrived in Hurghada among a touristic group consisting of 11 tourists on Aug. 22.
Earlier on Thursday, Egypt’s Ministry of Tourism announced forming a team to follow up on the death of the British couple.
Serag Al-Din Saad, an assistant tourism minister, said in the statement that the ministry is following up on the case, in coordination with the Egyptian Red Sea governorate, the General Administration of Tourism and Antiquities Police, and Thomas Cook travel company.
Egypt’s Red Sea governorate earlier said that John and Susan Cooper, British tourists, died at different times in Hurghada as a result of circulatory collapse.
According to the governorate’s statement, John, 69, died inside his room in the hotel on Tuesday morning. The statement added that preliminary medical reports revealed that he died of a circulatory collapse and cardiac arrest. John’s body was moved to the Hurghada General Hospital.
Conducting a medical report, a Health Ministry medical inspector denied the presence of any criminal activity concerning the death of John, the statement added.
Susan, 64, the victim’s wife fainted and was then moved at 4 p.m. to Aseel Medical Care Hospital in the Red Sea city of Hurghada, according to the statement.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation had been carried out for 30 minutes, according to the statement; before Susan lost her life at 5:12 p.m. Susan’s body was also moved to Hurghada General Hospital.
The medical inspector also denied the presence of any criminal activity concerning Susan’s death, adding that Susan died of a circulatory collapse. The two bodies were ordered for further examination, the statement added.
Read more on
CAIRO - 24 August 2018: Egypt's Red Sea governorate said that John and Susan Cooper, British tourists, died at different times in Hurghada as a result of circulatory collapse. According to the governorate's statement, John, 69, died inside his room in the hotel on Tuesday morning.
Leave a Comment