CAIRO – 4 September 2017: Alexander Necrassov, former adviser to the Russian parliament, said the Spanish government discovered there was a connection between the Barcelona attacker and the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood in Syria which has been funded by Doha, Russia Today (RT) satellite channel reported on Monday.
Necrassov offered no other details, except to point a finger at Qatar, one of the biggest global funders of the Brotherhood and terrorist groups in the Middle East.
He also condemned the media’s silence of the Western countries regarding this crisis.
Necrassov said Russia opposes the Brotherhood and considers them a terrorist organization. He believes all Western countries should do the same.
On June 5, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates have turned against Qatar with a complete air and trade boycott over allegations of its support and sponsorship of terrorism, which Doha denies.
Following the Arab boycott of Doha, a list of 13-demands was handed over to Doha’s government by Egypt, Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Bahrain for reconciliation, which includes the closing of Al-Jazeera broadcasting and the suspension of its relationship with the extremist government of Iran.
Since then, Qatar has resisted conciliation attempts and has not shown any efforts of disassociating itself from the terrorist groups that the quartet claims are harbored and financially supported by Doha.
On August 17, thirteen people were killed and more than 130 injured after a white Fiat van ploughed along Las Ramblas in the Catalan capital. The Islamic State (IS) claimed responsibility for the attack.