Tue, 09 Aug 2022 - 02:44 GMT
Tue, 09 Aug 2022 - 02:44 GMT
CAIRO – 9 July 2022: Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli said on Tuesday the Maspero Triangle area is one of the distinguished projects the State has been keen to develop after it was an unsafe slum.
The objective of the project has been to provide appropriate housing for citizens in a way that remaps the whole area, Madbouli added as he inspected the Maspero Triangle area to follow up on the status of the project on the ground.
The premier was accompanied by Minister of Housing, Utilities and Urban Communities Assem el Gazzar, Cairo Governor Khaled Abdel Aal, as well as representatives of the housing ministry and the New Urban Communities Authority.
The State has fulfilled its pledges to develop the Maspero Triangle area without causing any harm to its residents, owners, or tenants, Madbouli said.
Those who received cash compensation, were provided alternative housing, or who shall soon be resettled will all benefit from development works in the area, the prime minister noted.
Meanwhile, the housing minister said work at the Maspero Triangle area project is going on in full swing, noting that it will be completed in the coming period.
In the below lines, et highlights what was accomplished in the project:
- The first phase has been completed and includes 4 towers overlooking 26th of July Street.
- The residential and administrative units have been completed.
- The construction of the 936 housing units for residents wishing to return has been finalized.
- The housing units will be delivered to the residents who wish to return within days.
- Completion of the construction of the residential investment tower, comprising 134 housing units.
- Completion of the administrative tower, which consists of a basement + commercial ground floor, and 15 floors.
- A project is being implemented on the Corniche with 3 towers, consisting of 534 units, with a height of 30 floors.
- Construction of 2 towers, a hotel and an administrative residence in progress, consisting of 16 floors, 5 podiums and 2 garages.
It is noteworthy that commercial and entertainment areas will be established to serve the residential towers, and the plan to establish a project to develop the Maspero Triangle includes a hotel, residential, commercial, administrative, recreational and tourist area.
As for the western side of the project, it has been allocated for administrative and commercial purposes, and the center of the project will be a recreational area, with an investment cost of 10 billion pounds.
It should be noted that the Maspero area is located in the Gharb district of Cairo Governorate, bordered by the Nile Corniche on the western side, 26th of July Street from the northern side.
The length of the waterfront of the area is about 900 m. And its approximate area is about 75.19 acres with all its existing buildings and landmarks.
The area is characterized by the presence of many distinctive uses, the most important of which are the Radio and Television Union building, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs building, the Dar Al Maaref building, the Ramses Hilton Hotel, and the Italian Consulate.
Downtown Cairo’s Maspero Triangle is a neighborhood situated on the banks of the River Nile and has been characterized by its informal settlements and dense urban fabric. Its development masterplan aims to introduce new residential, commercial and retail spaces, while rehousing the majority low income population in the same area and retaining its unique character and spatial attributes.
The project includes a power station that serves the entire project with a capacity of 80 megawatts.