Shell subsidiary acquires ExxonMobil's offshore concession in Egypt

Wed, 18 May 2022 - 03:49 GMT

The completion of the ownership transfer process, the management of the concession area will be transferred to Shell, according to the company, which noted that the agreement is subject to the approval of the relevant government and regulatory agencies.

Qatar Energy acquires 40% of exploration area in Egypt

Tue, 29 Mar 2022 - 02:58 GMT

Qatar Energy will acquire 40 percent of the North Maraca marine area in the Mediterranean, while ExxonMobil (the operator) will own the remaining 60 percent stake.

ExxonMobil obtains concession to explore Egyptian marine areas

Mon, 04 Jan 2021 - 04:05 GMT

The company added in a statement, Monday, that ExxonMobil Egypt (Upstream) Limited will operate and own a 90 percent stake, while Tharwa Petroleum holds a 10 percent stake, and the operations include reprocessing 3D seismic data in the region.

US leaks 60 percent more methane than government says: study

Fri, 22 Jun 2018 - 01:10 GMT

The US oil and gas industry leaks 60 percent more methane than official government estimates, a report said Thursday.

ExxonMobil breaks with tradition in wooing China's oil market

Thu, 31 May 2018 - 09:02 GMT

The team included crude oil traders, products marketers and finance staff from Houston, Singapore, Thailand and Shanghai.

The origins of the Iraqi Kurdistan conflict: Oil revenue autonomy

Thu, 19 Oct 2017 - 03:24 GMT

The development of the conflict between the Iraqi central government and the KRG gives little room to understanding the origin of the dispute.

ExxonMobil faces climate showdown at annual meeting

Wed, 31 May 2017 - 02:00 GMT

ExxonMobil's controversial stance on climate change will be back in the spotlight Wednesday.