It is registered as an antiquity by Resolution No. 698 of 1956 and a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
The project was held in cooperation with the American Research Center.
The Supreme Council of Antiquities listed four 19th -century icons from the Monastery of Archangel Gabriel in Fayoum and three Islamic pulpits in Gharbia Governorate, among Islamic, Coptic and Jewish monuments.
Among those antiquities are the house of Othman Agha Al-Amosili and the house of Arab Kli, which has become a national museum showing the resilience of the city.
Head of the Islamic, Coptic and Jewish Antiquities Sector Osama Talaat explained that the collapsed part of the fence is not archaeological, but was added as a ramp.