Tennis - Wimbledon - London, Britain - July 4, 2017 Great Britain’s Kyle Edmund in action during his first round match against Great Britain’s Alexander Ward REUTERS/Toby Melville
LONDON - 4 July 2017: Highlights from day two of the Wimbledon championships on Tuesday (all times GMT):
DEL POTRO CLAIMS FIRST SET
- Argentina's Juan Martin Del Potro faced no break points and landed 88 percent of his first serves to win the first set 6-3 over Australian Thanasi Kokkinakis, ranked 486 in the world.
- Del Potro is bidding to maintain his record of always reaching the second round at the championships. This is his eighth Wimbledon appearance and his 31st grand slam overall.
1115 WARD TAKES OPENING SET
- Alex Ward won the opening set 6-4 in just over 30 minutes against fellow Briton Kyle Edmund on Court Three.
- World number 869 Ward is making only his second grand slam appearance. He fell to David Goffin on his only previous appearance at a major as a wildcard at last year's Wimbledon.
1105 MISCHA TAKES EARLY LEAD
- Mischa Zverev, the older brother of world number 12 Alexander, claimed the first set 6-4 over Australian Bernard Tomic.
Leave a Comment