Cairo Runners Logo – Courtesy of Cairo Runner’s official Facebook Page
CAIRO – 08 February 2018: Cairo Runners is organizing several marathons this month under the name “Cairo Marathon” which is the biggest sports event taking place on the streets of Cairo.
Cairo Runners is an Egyptian organization that arranges marathons and running competitions throughout Egypt. According to their official website, they “exist to spice things up and break the season’s running routine! Events such as relay races, amazing races and heritage runs are always a fun way to mix exercise with teamwork and challenges. They also give us the opportunity to explore our city from a new perspective.”
Cairo Runners is one of the leading organizations in the field. They are known for organizing early races on Friday mornings at different locations throughout Egypt. Founded by Ibrahim Safwat, Cairo Runners is the first street running initiative in Cairo.
People participating in an event of Cairo runner’s event - Cairo Runners’ official Facebook page
Cairo Runners detailed all the events on their Facebook page, saying:
Races & Runs:
- 42 kilometer Full Marathon
- 21 kilometer Half Marathon
- 10 kilometer Run
- 3 kilometer Family Fun Run
- *NEW* 3 kilometer Para Race for the specially talented
The events are hosted at Cairo Festival City Mall, New Cairo. The race courses will be inside New Cairo.
The five races/runs will start consecutively starting 6:15 AM on Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Early Bird registration (with special rates) started from December 21, 2017, until January 3, 2018.
- Regular Registration started on January 1, 2018, until the February 13, 2018
- Changing ticket type or participant info: until February 13, 2018
- Picking up Race Kits: starting from February 16, 2018
- Cairo Marathon: February 23, 2018!
Cairo marathon’s event card – Cairo Runners’ official Facebook page
1. Online registration: You must register online via http://www.cairorunners.com/registration
2. Payment of fees:
- Online payment: You can pay via card during your online registration.
- Cash payment: If you want to pay by cash, you will have to pass by one of our on-ground registration spots at Alef Bookstores* BEFORE registering online, and you will receive a voucher to use during your online registration.
3. Pick up your running kit: Starting from February 16, you will be able to pick up your running kit from the Cairo Festival City Mall.
Fees and on-ground payment locations:
Early Bird fees, regular fees, and on-ground payment locations (Cairo-Alexandria-Ismailia) can be found on our website: http://www.cairorunners.com/registration
The fees will include Race Number, Race T-shirt, Timers, Goodie bag including sponsors giveaways, and entrance to the after party.