Father & Son - PIXABAY - ambermb
CAIRO – 22 June 2017: African-American social reformer Fredrick Douglas once said, “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.”
In light of Douglas’s words, here are10 tips put together by the National Council for Childhood and Motherhood and UNICEF to help raise strong children away from violence:
1) Make sure your child knows your love for them is unconditional no matter what happens and what they do.
2) Make sure your expectations are age appropriate and take into consideration every child’s individuality.
3) Listen to your children, communicate with them and make sure you reach a common understanding.
4) Always remain calm and respectful and try to find logical reasons behind their actions.
5) Put yourself in your children’s shoes and empathize with them.
6) Set clear and simple rules together.
7) Thank and encourage them every time they get something right.
8) Teach them to be independent.
9) Avoid punishing them. Instead, help them understand the consequences of their actions.
10) Give them your time and attention and take part in things that interest them.
Leave a Comment