Sharm El Sheikh City, Egypt, December 9, 2009 – Wikimedia/Youssef Alam
CAIRO – 23 March 2019: Egypt will launch a short film competition during the 2019 African Nations Cup (CAN) tournament in a bid to promote the tourism, one of the leading sources of income in Egypt.
The contest will screen movies that feature the country’s touristic sites.
Egypt Today provides below all information about the competition:
- The films that enter the competition should aim to show the positive aspects and cultural images of the capital.
- The winning films will be screened in main streets and squares through large display screens.
- The total prizes of the competition are worth L.E. 45, 000 ($2,609.)
- The submissions will be evaluated by a jury of professors of the Faculty of Applied Arts and Academy of Arts of the Higher Institute of Folk Arts.
- The films presented will be in high-quality HD, taking into account the clarity of the sound; besides, all the scenes are original and never published before on the Internet.
In January 2019, The Confederation of African Football (CAF) announced that Egypt will host the 2019 African Cup of nations.
The 2019 African Cup of nations was initially scheduled to be hosted by Cameroon. However, Cameroon was stripped of hosting the tournament for serious delays in preparations.
Egypt hosted four African Cup of nation tournaments in 1957, 1974, 1986 and 2006 and they failed to achieve the title only in 1974.