The planet Venus makes its transit across the Sun as seen from Kathmandu June 6, 2012. Venus made a slow transit across the face of the sun on Tuesday - Reuters
CAIRO – 18 August 2018: Egypt will witness Venus Saturday night, the head of National Institute for Astronomical Research, Ashraf Tadrous told Egypt Today.
Besides a vision of Venus, Egypt will also witness the moon, below it Jupiter and the star, Spica, between them; Tadrous pointed out that the phenomenon will go on for about 59 minutes.
There is some information about the astronomical phenomenon:
- The phenomenon can be seen with the naked eye without the need for monitoring devices.
- Venus is the third brightest object in the dome of the sky after the sun and moon.
- Venus will appear as a bright white spot and as a half disk of light by sunlight.
- The best vision for Venus is through the telescope before the beginning of the night and before it becomes at the top of the brightness and affects the glow of light on the monitoring process.
- Sunday, Venus will begin to gradually move towards the sun.
Leave a Comment