Solo traveller Menna Shahin in Copenhagen - photo courtesy of Menna Shahin
By: Anna Bernsen
• Start looking at flights and hotels as early before booking as possible and try to keep your travel dates flexible—one day could make a huge difference in costs.
• Make a checklist of what you want to do before leaving home but also leave a little room for maneuvering, in case you decide to explore something unexpected.
Sea Gulls - photo courtesy of Solo traveller Menna Shahin
• Read up on your destination, especially reviews, and post questions to travel groups on social media. Remember to check the weather forecast too.
• Bring some dry food if eating out is expensive at your destination. This way you can spend less money, even though eating local cuisine is a must.
Landscape - photo courtesy of Solo traveller Menna Shahin
• Take souvenirs from your country to give to people you meet, and interact with locals as much as possible.