Figure- Wolf Blur - Pixabay
CAIRO – 25 September 2017: From sitting around all day in your office, to being stuck in traffic behind the wheel, and from sleeping in a bad position to doing backbreaking house chores, all these cause lower back pain, so how do you get rid of it? According to Web MD, these few tips might help relieve your lower back pain and prevent it in the future:
- Even though resting in bed might seem like the perfect solution to treat back pain, the website stresses the fact that lying in one position might actually lead to complications. Instead try to resort to working out and moving even if slowly.
- Sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees to help your spine rest in a comfortable position.
- If you spend a lot of time sitting, make sure to sit up straight with your back supported with the chair and your shoulders relaxed. Also, it might help if you put a small cushion behind your lower back.
- Applying ice wrapped in a towel to your lower back or whichever area that aches, may help reduce pain. The website recommends using it a few times a day for 20 minutes at a time, and then shifting to heat by trying warm pads, which relax muscles and calm the whole body.
- Try consulting a physical therapist as they can teach you the best postures for sitting, sleeping and working out. According to Web MD, a stronger body is less likely to suffer from back pain in the future, so it is of great importance to work on your core muscles to support your back properly.