Army Photography Contest - 2007 - FMWRC - Arts and Crafts - Without a Face, a portrait of the Soul Via Wikimedia
CAIRO - 15 September 2017: Low self-esteem means that you believe every action you take is wrong, and when you do something you feel that you are insensitive, inappropriate, stupid, or ridiculous. When you suffer from low self-esteem you tend to isolate yourself, not share ideas, and can be destructive relationships because you're scared of being alone.
I’m the kind of person who struggled and still struggle from low self-esteem. I used to have insecurities about myself and my work. I usedto get panic attacks when I gave someone my opinion and I get ridiculously scared when I talk to someone I don’t know. Yes, I suffer from low self-esteem, and I tried to overcome it by doing a couple of things such as:
1) I stopped trying to be perfect in everything I did in my work and life and started concentrating on the effort that I put into life.
2) I learned that mistakes are a learning opportunity and not a failure.
3) I started trying new things and learned from them. Plus getting out of my comfort zone helped boost my self-esteem.
4) I set up goals for my life.
5) I tried to relax and get out all the negative energy out by exercising.
6) I tried to accept compliments and remember them along the way.
7) I started writing in my journal in order to reflect on my day.
8) I let go of all the negative attachments even if it was friends.