Getting out of summer, your hair is probably suffering from all the damage caused by the heat, excess exposure to the sun, and chlorine from the pool. About now is the time you repair all this damage and start working on rejuvenating your hair for healthier and softer strands. With the change of season, your routine also needs to be adjusted. We are bringing you some hair tips to revitalize your hair in fall.
1. Go for a trim. With all the heat styling and other environmental impacts, your hair is probably damaged and brittle. It is important that you freshen up your hair after summer with a nice trim to get rid of all the dry, split ends. Maybe it is also a good chance to try a new haircut or to go for that short bob you wanted to have but delayed in summer.
2. Loosen up the ponytail and the bun. These two hairstyles are always a summer go-to, specially when we’re having a bad hair day or when it is too hot and humid outside. However, both ponytails and buns can put pressure on the scalp by pulling the hair too tight. Now, that summer is over, give your stands a break and let your scalp breathe.
3. Use scalp scrub and clarifying shampoo. Your hair needs a detox and a deep cleanse from all the styling products' build-up such as moose, gel, leave-ins, and so on. Scalp scrubs will rid your hair and scalps of all the product residues and dirt making your dull hair look shinier and more alive. A clarifying shampoo can also do the work. Just bear in mind that both cannot be used in every shower. You should go for them only once a week.
4. Amp up the moisture. Our skin gets drier as the weather gets colder, and the same happens with our hair. In the transition from summer to fall, our hair is more prone to dryness, falling, and it loses its luster. To keep your hair bouncy and your locks healthy go for products with highly moisturizing ingredients such as shea and jojoba oil.
5. Include more natural products in your hair routine. Steer away from chemicals as much as possible and use natural products instead. With a lot of brands moving towards cleaner and safer products, you will find plenty of hair oils, masks, shampoos, and conditioners made of only natural ingredients that will help lock the moisture in your hair and will not strip it of its natural oils.
Leave a Comment