Remember Monica’s big holiday hair and every time she had to say it out loud ‘It’s the humidity!”? Well, many ladies spending their beach holidays on North Coast can totally relate! So, besides having to tolerate the sticky, hot weather, there come the big hair, flyaways, and lots of frizz, pretty annoying, we feel you. If humidity wreaks havoc on your hair and makes things go out of control, try these tips for nice and sleek hair.
1. Shower with cool water. It is true that hot showers are very relaxing and comforting, but that is one thing hair and skincare expert advise against. Showering with cool – not necessarily cold – seals your hair and makes it glossier and more manageable.
2. Use microfiber towels. Unlike regular towels that make your hair more prone to breakage and splitting, microfiber towels are softer and will stop frizziness from the get-go. Microfiber towels also help your hair dry faster and in the long run, will make your hair bouncier and more voluminous.
3. Clarify your scalp. With the heat, humidity, and product build-up, your scalp definitely needs to breathe. Opt for clarifying shampoo or scalp scrubs once a week if your hair is normal or dry, and two to three times a week if your hair is oily. The healthier the scalp, the better your hair’s overall texture.
4. Moisturize with leave-ins, oils, and heat protection. Dry hair is more prone to be affected by humidity, this is why need to keep your locks moisturized. Also, if you spend a lot of time in the sun or in the pool, use heat protection to keep your hair sealed away from damaging factors like chlorine and UV rays.
5. Avoid blow drying your hair. When the humidity levels outside are higher than the moisture in your hair, your hair gets frizzy. Blow drying strips your hair from its natural moisture and makes it drier and more prone to breakage.
Leave a Comment