Christmas is a time of joy and cheer and while we get caught up in its festivities and preparations we might forget what really matters, acts of giving. Sad as it may sound, there are a lot out there who are not as fortunate and don’t get to spend joyful Christmas like everyone else. So, this Christmas, let’s spread some love with acts of giving and make it better for those who are not having it easy.
1. Donate supplies to charity. With many struggling to survive, it is our role to contribute and make a difference. Donate food, money, and clothes in good conditions to charities. No matter how small, a little goes a long way.
2. Gift toys to children’s hospitals and orphanages. Some children have a really tough life either hospitalized or not having a home and family to feel the warmth and love. Visit those children at hospitals and orphanages, and gift them toys to draw a smile on their faces.
3. Give out blankets and food to the homeless. Imagine how harsh it can be for those living on the streets to survive with no food, a clean home, or a roof above their head, and the struggle must be tougher with winter’s weather conditions. Gather your friends and give out some blankets and food for those who have nothing to live off. Also, keep in mind those who work late at night like janitors and security guards.
4. Visit the elderly in nursing homes. The elderly living in nursing homes feel lonely and empty all the time. It is nice and kind to keep them company and make them feel they’re not forgotten as they got older. They would love to have someone to sit and talk with. It is an experience that will teach you a lot of things.
5. Help animal shelters with monetary donations or food supplies. Shelters struggle financially in keeping up with the number of abandoned pets and stray animals they need to care of. You can also keep some dry food in your bag or car to feed stray cats and dogs you come across.