Read With Us - ET
CAIRO - 2 April 2020: Within the framework of the e-initiative launched by Egypt's Minister of Culture Inas Abdel Dayem, the Supreme Council of Culture is organizing a cultural program online, bearing the title “Read with us”.
The program presents a reading by the researcher, writer or poet from a chapter in his book, novel, short story, or poem.
Participations at the "Read with Us" program are uploaded daily at 8 p.m. on the ministry's social media accounts and the Secretariat Conference channel on YouTube.
“Read with Us” will present the following in the upcoming ten days:
- April 2, 2020 (Hassan Amer - Egypt)
- April 3, 2020 (Shahla al-Ajili - Jordan / Syria)
- April 4, 2020 (Mohammad Abu al-Fadl Badran - Egypt)
- April 5, 2020 (Shawqi Bazea - Lebanon)
- April 6, 2020 (Naeem Sabry - Egypt)
- April 7, 2020 (Youssef Al-Nashaba - Bahrain)
- April 8, 2020 (Tarek Imam - Egypt)
- April 9, 2020 (Rabea Rayhan - Morocco)
- April 10, 2020 (Duha Assi - Egypt)
“Read with Us” is an e-initiative held in partnership with Egyptian and Arab writers. The Supreme Council of Culture also presents events under the title "Culture - Bringing Us Together" presenting participations of orientalists from Italy every Thursday at 12 p.m.
This comes in the framework of Egypt's solidarity and communication with the Italian people in their current crisis.
The activities of this initiative will begin at on April 2, 2020 at 12 p.m. with the participation of Italian orientalist Elena Biagi, where she is set to read the poems of late legendary poet Nizar Qabbani.