Previous Cairo International Book Fair - Press photo
CAIRO - 3 October 2019: The General Egyptian Book Organization announced the launch of a contest to design a poster for the Cairo International Book Fair’s 51st edition in 2020.
The poster must contain the following details:
- Egyptian Ministry of Culture's official logo.
- General Egyptian Book Organization's official logo.
- Cairo International Book Fair’s 51st edition.
- Active days of the edition are from January 22 - February 5.
- “Egypt Africa... Culture of Diversity” to be the label of the 51st edition.
- Guest of Honor: Senegal and the country’s flag.
- Person of the fair’s 51st edition: Gamal Hemdan.
- Location of the festival: Egypt International Exhibition Center.
- The winner receives a prize totaling up to LE 1,500.
- The design must take into account the renewal, originality and the presence of the Egyptian spirit that embraces this important annual event.
- The design must take flexibility into account, so that it can be applied to different sizes, or colors to form a special visual case for the exhibition.
- The poster must be vertical with a diameter of 56 cm and 48 cm in length, and with a rudder not less than dbi300 per inch.
- The design will be used for all marketing materials and advertising elements.
- Each contestant may submit more than one design; however, the maximum number of designs for one contestant is three.
Conditions for applying:
- Designs to be submitted no later than October 20, 2019 at 12 p.m.
- The designs should be submitted on a CD with a colored porch not less than 28 cm wide at the Egyptian General Book Authority.
- The applicant must submit his / her own work with a personal photo and an original proof of identity, in addition to a copy of the provided proof of identity.
- The contestant shall sign a declaration before the official in charge that this work is his/her copy and has not been plagiarized.
- The contestant must submit a printed CV in no more than 70 words.
Designs that do not meet any of the above requirements will not be considered