Creative Arts Emmy Awards - Chris Pitzello / Shutterstock
CAIRO - 16 September 2019: The Emmy Awards will take place on September 23, where Jane Lynch, best known for her role in "Game of Thrones", won the 2019 Best Comedy Actress Award for her role as Sophie Lennon in the Amazon Prime series "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel".
Bradley Whitford won the Best Actor Award for a Drama for playing the lead role as Joseph Lawrence in "The Handmaid’s Tale" on Hulu.
Also, Luke Kirby was named Best Comedian for his role as Lenny Bruce in the series "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel," which airs on Amazon Prime, and actress Sherry Jones won the Best Actress Award in a Drama for her role as Holly Osborne in the series "The Handmaid's Tale" on Hulu.
Moreover, Cameraman Jacob Ehr won the Best Filming Award for the documentary series "Chernobyl".
The science fiction series "Game of Thrones 8" has won 10 awards:
- Best audio editing for a comedy or drama series
- Best special visual effects
- Best costumes
- Best makeup for a work filmed with one camera
- Best coordinated tricks for a drama series
- Best headline design
- Best Soundtrack
- Best drama plot/narrative
- Best audio mix for a comedy series or drama series
- Best filming for a single camera series
The Creative Arts Emmys are a class of Emmy Awards presented in recognition of technical and other similar achievements in American television programming.