Nuweiba- CC via Wikimedia
CAIRO – 9 June 2019: By being the newest established free zone after the issuance of governmental decree in April, Egypt Today reviews most significant information about Nuweiba Free Zone.
• In March, South Sinai governor Khaled Fouda announced that the government agreed to establish a free-zone in Nuweiba city, and the decree was issued by the Cabinet on April 15.
• The area of the free zone is 226.5 faddens, about 951,000 square meters.
• Estimated cost of the zone is about LE 970 million.
• The zone will be implemented within two and a half years as soon as implementation procedures begin.
• It will include about 150 projects in different industrial sectors.
• It targets achieving new investments of $1.1 billion.
• Nuweiba Free Zone will provide around 14,000 job opportunities.
• The zone’s expected annual exports are about $650 million after full operation.