CAIRO - 19 July 2023: As the Egypt Power Show (EPS) mission, which is specialized in electrical industries and cables, is currently visiting the country, et highlights the most important information on electrical exports in the below lines.
- The electrical industries sector in Egypt is one of the most promising sectors.
- Electrical industry exports achieved an increase of 47.5% in the first 5 months of 2023.
- The total value of exports reached $158 million in the first 5 months.
- Egypt's exports increased by 8.3% to record $317 million in 2022.
- The exports in the electrical industries sector reached $268 million in 2021.
Eng. Ahmed Samir, Minister of Industry and Trade, witnessed the launch of the first edition of the Egypt Power Show (EPS) mission, which is the largest and first buyer mission in the electrical industries sector, with the participation of 35 international buyers from Libya, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda and Congo.
The minister said that the exports of the engineering industries sector amounted to about 3 billion and 879 million dollars during the year 2022, and the sector’s exports during the first 5 months of this year amounted to about 1 billion and 681 million dollars.