President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi received Sultan of Oman, His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tareq Al Said, on Sunday.
CAIRO - 22 May 2023: Both Egypt and Sultanate of Oman share deep historic relations, not only on a political level, but also economically.
In this story, et reviews the five most important commodities that Egypt and Oman, exported and imported during 2022.
Data from the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics showed the development of the value of trade exchange between Egypt and the Sultanate of Oman during the year 2022, reaching $1.1 billion in 2022, compared to $650.8 million in 2021, an increase of 64.6 percent.
The agency’s data monitored the most important commodity groups that Egypt exported to Oman during the year 2022, according to the following:
1. Fruits, worth $41.7 million.
2. Vegetables and plants, worth $196 million.
3. Tools and equipment for optics, with a value of $17.7 million.
4. Furniture and ready-made facilities, valued at $12.2 million.
5. Machinery, appliances and electrical equipment with a value of $11.6 million.
The ranking of the most important commodity groups that Egypt imported from Oman during the year 2022 came as follows:
1. Metal ores with a value of $665.1 million.
2. Plastics with a value of $56.7 million.
3. Iron and steel, worth $56.5 million.
4. Fish, worth $29 million.
5. Aluminum and its products, with a value of $21.3 million.
The value of Egyptian exports to Oman amounted to about $202.1 million in 2022, compared to $163.3 million in 2021, an increase of 23.7 percent, while the value of Egyptian imports from the Sultanate of Oman amounted to $869.3 million in 2022, compared to $487.5 million in 2021, a percentage, recording an increase of 78.3 percent.
The value of Omani investments in Egypt recorded $1.2 million during the first quarter of the fiscal year 2022/2023, compared to $0.6 million during the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2021/2022, an increase of 100 percent.