CAIRO - 13 August 2022: The Egyptian state, with all its entities, is currently working to support and implement green investment projects in different sectors.
The state has set standards for these projects and classified them. So if you are about to start participating in this type of investment, whether you are an individual, an organization or a company, you need to know these details.
et provides a guide for all potential investors who like to tap into green projects in Egypt:
The state emphasized that these projects must aim to provide environmentally-friendly products, services, or alternatives, thus contributing to the green economy and in line with international standards for the ecological or carbon footprint of its products.
The state specified that one of the criteria for evaluating these projects is that they are economic, productive projects that follow the principles of sustainable production and consumption, and therefore are low-carbon.
Green Enterprise Standards
These projects shall have a percentage of dependence on new and renewable energy, energy efficiency and the procedures followed to reduce all sources of pollution resulting from the project.
Egypt is about to announce a national initiative for green projects in the governorates, and these projects will be selected and presented soon.
Here are some characteristics and standards available in green projects:
- Sustainable management systems for all types of waste and the extended responsibility of the producer will also be available in this kind of projects.
- Reduction of the volume of waste and reusing or recycling the production outputs, either directly or in cooperation with other parties.
- Environmentally-sustainable management of all natural resources, whether land use, water resources, raw materials and energy sources.
- Biodiversity conservation measures in production stages.
- The sustainable management of water and wastewater, and its reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, and measures to adapt to climate change.
- Production systems, technologies and production processes compatible with environmental efficiency or principles of circular economy.
- Carbon, ecological or water footprint, according to the type of project.
- Percentage of green production inputs and uses of biodegradable or recyclable raw materials and packaging materials.
Leave a Comment