CAIRO - 20 February 2023: Egypt's nation-wide developmental initiative 'Haya Karima' has positivedly impacted the lives of more than 58 million citizens in rural Egypt.
The inititaive's projects covered more than 4,500 villages during its first phase, with a total of 175 centers in 20 governorates.
A study by the Egyptian Center for Thought and Studies revealed that Haya Karima held 215 community dialogues for the people of the villages, in addition to 154 student seminars in Egyptian universities, with 100 field tours were organized.
The initiative also established 1101 medical units, deployed 701 medical convoys, in addition to the establishment of 221 veterinary units, and 83 veterinary convoys.
The number of beneficiaries of the initiative in various villages has reached about 4 million from the various services and projects provided by the initiative in all fields: infrastructure, natural gas, sanitation, lining projects, building schools, rehabilitating homes, and water and electricity projects.
● In the field of sanitation: the number of sanitation projects in the initiative reached 460 projects: 140 of them are slope networks projects, with an implementation rate of 73.7%,156 lift stations; 156 parcel lines, with an implementation rate of 71.8%; and 8 treatment plants.
● In the field of drinking water: the number of drinking water projects established reached 137; including 132 laying and shoring, with an implementation rate of 96.7%, 3 purification plants, and 2 conveyor lines.
● In the field of health: the number of projects in the medical field reached 218 projects; including raising the efficiency of 44 health units with an implementation rate of 100%, in addition to establishing 110 new health units with an implementation rate of 88.6%, in addition to establishing 25 medical centers with an implementation rate of 85.9%, and 35 ambulance points with an implementation rate of 100%. This is in addition to establishing 4 central hospitals.
● In the field of local development: the number of projects reached 30, with an implementation rate of 100%, where a government services complex was established in each village local unit.
● In the field of youth and sports: 48 youth centers have been established and developed in villages and centers in Sohag Governorate, with an implementation rate of 100%, where the efficiency of 19 youth centers has been raised, and 29 new youth centers have been established.
● In the agricultural field: the number of projects reached 30, with an implementation rate of 100%. It included an agricultural extension center, agricultural associations, a veterinary medicine unit, and a dairy collection center.
● In the field of irrigation: the number of projects reached 8, with an implementation rate of 100%. In the field of electricity, the number of projects reached 183 projects.
● In the field of social solidarity: a total of 24 projects were executed, with an implementation rate of 97.2%; among them are two social rehabilitation centers at the center level, 14 family and childhood services centers, and 8 community services centers at the village level.
● In the field of roads: a total of 30 projects with a total length of 115 km.
Leave a Comment