FILE - Blood sample test - Reuters
CAIRO - 4 December 2020: Egypt registered on Tuesday 432 new coronavirus cases, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 117,156, according to a statement released by Health Ministry.
Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said 19 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 6,713.
As many as 133 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 103,082 so far, the spokesman said.
Previously, Egyptian Cabinet media center noted that a central crisis room has been formed to follow up workflow at hospitals in line with the State’s efforts to deal with a potential second wave of COVID-19.
A statement by the Cabinet on Friday, Nov.27 denied the reports circulated on some social media pages, alleging that public hospitals are covering up the real number of coronavirus-linked deaths in Egypt.
The center said it has contacted the Ministry of Health and Population, which dismissed such reports, stressing the State’s keenness to ensure total transparency as regards announcing the number of coronavirus infections and fatalities; in coordination with the World Health Organization.
The health ministry urged media outlets and social media users to verify the authenticity of any baseless information before publishing it to avoid causing confusion among citizens.