Egypt records 138 new COVID-19 infections, 13 deaths

BY

Thu, 24 Sep 2020 - 10:33 GMT

 
CAIRO – 24 September 2020: Egypt’s Health Ministry announced, Thursday recording 138 new coronavirus cases, upping the total number of confirmed cases to 102,513.
 
In a statement, Spokesman for the Health Ministry Khaled Megahed said 13 patients have died from the virus over the past 24 hours, raising the death toll to 5,835.
 
As many as 801 patients were discharged from isolation hospitals after receiving necessary medical care, taking the number of recovered cases to 92,644 so far, the spokesman said
 
Egypt had witnessed a slight increase in the daily tally of coronavirus cases in the past few weeks, reversing a low of 89 on August 22, the lowest daily infection toll since early April.
 
The slight rise in cases comes the government repeatedly urged caution to avoid a second wave of the pandemic, particularly with the advent of autumn.
 

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social