Health Minister Hala Zayed checks precautionary measures as she receives Egyptians who returned from China’s city of Wuhan – Courtesy of the Health Ministry
CAIRO – 16 April 2020: The Health Ministry received LE 162 million ($10.285 million) in donations from civil society organizations and corporates, to support its efforts in facing the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), health official sources said, as Egypt has recorded over 2,500 positive cases.
Three companies sent letters of donations to Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouli, the Cabinet said in a statement.
The donors include Mansour Automotive Egypt, which sent LE 50 million ($3.174 million); Tatweer Misr for real estate development, which sent LE 5 million ($317,484); and Ibn Sina Pharma pharmaceutical company, which donated LE 4 million ($253,987).
CAIRO - 6 April 2020: The precautionary measures taken by Egypt to curb the spread of COVID-19 received various responses from businessmen, whose businesses are badly affected by these decisions. Businessmen who announced their commitment to quarantine and curfew through spending their times at home, have various opinions regarding the precautionary measures.
The death rate for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Egypt decreased from 7.5% to 7.3%, data published by the Health Ministry revealed, as Egypt on Wednesday reported five deaths, the country’s lowest count in April so far.
The death toll since the novel virus emerged in Egypt now stands at 183, based on the latest data on Wednesday evening.
The infection rate reached 6.1%, while the rate of coronavirus test results turning out to be negative rose to 29.9%, the highest rate since the crisis started in Egypt in mid-February, according to the official data announced.
The ministry on Wednesday reported 155 new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, raising the total number of cases in the northeastern African country to 2,505 cases.
The ministry said the results of a total of 751 cases have turned to negative, including 553 who totally recovered since the crisis started.