Sisi: Egyptian state to firmly face violations harming nation, citizens

BY

Thu, 16 Apr 2020 - 02:45 GMT

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi delivers a statement during a joint news conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis in Bucharest, Romania, June 19, 2019. Inquam Photos/Octav Ganea via REUTERS

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi delivers a statement during a joint news conference with Romanian President Klaus Iohannis in Bucharest, Romania, June 19, 2019. Inquam Photos/Octav Ganea via REUTERS

CAIRO – 16 April 2020: Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi warned that the state will firmly face any breach that may harm the nation and people, a day after authorities announced banning public facilities and gatherings during the upcoming celebrations over coronavirus.

Addressing the masses of the “great” Egyptian people on a Facebook post, Sisi hailed their “steadfastness” and solidarity with the state authorities to implement the precautionary measures against the novel COVID-19.

“I renew my trust in the awareness of our great people,” Sisi said. “I affirm that the state will face, with complete firmness, any violations or breaches that harm the interest of the homeland and citizens, in order to overcome this ordeal peacefully and preserve the success we have achieved so far.”

Egyptian Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouli on Wednesday ordered “full closure” of public gardens, beaches and any other place that can have large gatherings, few days before the Coptic Easter and the Egyptian holiday of Sham El-Nessim, in a bid to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Public gardens, clubs, cafes and most of the malls in the northeastern African country have been already closed since March, while a dusk-to-dawn is also imposed.

Coronavirus: Egypt's efforts to contain crisis, face economic impact

CAIRO - 15 April 2020: The Egyptian Ministry of International Cooperation has published a full report of the national efforts and plans to face the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and curb its spread, as Egypt has reported a total of 2,350 cases.



The Egyptian Health Ministry on Wednesday reported 155 new coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, raising the total number of cases in the northeastern African country to 2,505 cases.

The ministry in a statement also reported 5 new deaths, the country’s lowest count in April so far. The death toll since the novel virus emerged in Egypt now stands at 183.

On the other hand, the ministry said the results of a total of 751 cases have turned to negative, including 553 who totally recovered since the crisis started.

Comments

0

Leave a Comment

Recommend Article

Be Social