FILE: The list included a number of recommendations and advices to help curb the spread of the virus.
CAIRO – 10 April 2020: The Egyptian Medical Syndicate has issued a list of recommendations to medical establishments and hospitals across the country to help contain the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The list included a number of recommendations and advices to help curb the spread of the virus, as follows:
- A special alley must be dedicated for suspected COVID-19 cases
- Conducting a medical screening every morning for the hospital staff before signing in
- Assuring the availability of all the necessary protection equipment and antiseptics
- Medical staff members must be wearing their protective gear before dealing with patients
- Assigning an observation system to ensure adherence to safety recommendations and instructions
The Egyptian Medical Syndicate has called upon all doctors and medical staff members across the country to commit to wearing their protective gear and masks.
The syndicate has demanded to ensure the availability of all the necessary medical and protective equipment for all medical establishments all over Egypt.
The syndicate further stressed that medical establishments and hospitals should not allow any of their staff to directly deal with patients without wearing their protective gear first.
It also demanded conducting continuous tests for medical teams without having to wait for symptoms to appear over them.
The Egyptian Ministry of Health recorded on Thursday its highest daily death toll from COVID-19 with 15 fatalities. It also registered 139 new coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of cases so far to 1,699.
The number of cases who have re-tested negative has reached 468, of whom 348 have recovered and left hospital.
Egypt extended a nationwide night-time curfew by two weeks on Wednesday as well as other preventative measures, including the closure of mosques, schools and universities, not to mention suspension of international flights.