Egyptian Quarantine Authority employees at Cairo International Airport last month. (AFP) Egyptian Quarantine Authority employees at Cairo International Airport last month. (AFP)

Limited number of Egyptian families in quarantine: Health Minister

Sun, Mar. 29, 2020
CAIRO - 29 March 2020: "A limited number of Egyptian families in some villages are in quarantine for two weeks to prevent the spread of the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)," said Ministry of Health spokesperson Khaled Megahed in media remarks on Sunday.

He told ExtraNews channel this morning that only four families have been quarantined after a few people of their relatives tested positive for the virus, noting that this is only a protective measure to curb the virus spread.



He confirmed that the Ministry of Supply provides those families with all their basic needs, while the Ministry of Interior is in charge of their security, denying the media remarks claiming that a number of governorates were put on a lockdown.

The Egyptian Ministry of Health confirmed Saturday 40 new cases of COVID-19, including one Jordanian national, to raise the number of coronavirus patients in Egypt to 576. The death toll rose to 36 people after confirming six more deaths [five Egyptians and one Italian].

"The total number of the recovered people rose to 161 cases so far, while those who have been discharged from the isolation hospitals reached 121," the ministry added.

As yet, the global cases infected with the virus reached 680,453 people and 31,912 deaths were reported, while the recovered cases rose to 146,352. On March 10, 2020, the virus was announced a global pandemic by the World Health Organization.

 
There are no comments on this article.

Leave a comment