An employee tests a health protection mask at the Kolmi-Hopen company's factory in Saint-Barthelemy-d'Anjou as their activities boosted following the coronavirus outbreak, France, February 5, 2020. Picture taken February 5, 2020. REUTERS/Stephane Mahe
CAIRO – 23 March 2020: Two officials of Egypt's Armed forces were announced to be among Egypt’s death toll as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19), epidemic.
Both of Major General Shafie Abdel Halim Dawood and Major General Khaled Shaltout were announced to be infected with the emerging virus during their participation in the precautionary measures to combat the virus.
Egypt’s Armed forces offered its condolences over both officials’ death.
Health ministry’s spokesman, Khaled Megahed, said on Sunday that Egypt recorded new 33 case for coronavirus. "New 33 coronavirus cases were detected on Sunday. All of these new cases are Egyptians who came in contact with other positive cases,"
The new announcement raises the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Egypt to 327. “All positive cases were quarantined at hospitals,” Megahed said. Also, four more deaths were confirmed, raising the total number of deaths to 14.
The new fatalities were a 51-year-old Egyptian woman, an 80-year-old man, a 73-year-old man, and a 56-year-old man. "Up to 56 coronavirus patients have totally recovered so far," the spokesman said.