ET: Academic Marc Owen Jones also noted a huge number of newly-created accounts spamming protest hashtags.
CAIRO – 18 February 2020: An Egyptian human rights group issued a report on Monday stating that the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood group is behind establishing 13 armed movements that carried out terrorist attacks in Egypt between 2013 and 2019.
The report of the Forum for Development and Human Rights Dialogue, a non-governmental organization, openly accused Qatar and Turkey of funding the Muslim Brotherhood group designated by the Egyptian state as terrorist.
The forum described the group as the “reference group for all violent terrorist organizations in the Middle East,” saying it “adopts a discourse that incites violence, racism, hatred and exclusion of women and (people) of other religions.”
It also blamed the two countries of harboring fugitives of the outlawed group, who are wanted by the Egyptian judiciary over terrorist crimes that caused the death of many civilians and innocent people.
Among those 13 groups is an organization known as Ansar Al-Sharia Brigades in Egypt, hosting Muslim Brotherhood fugitives who fled Wadi Al-Naturn prison in Beheira, north of Cairo, in 2011, the report said, adding that this prison recruited youth and sent them to Syria.
The report mentioned the names of many other groups and gave a detailed explanation of the notorious charges they face, but failed to provide a clear proof that they all belong to the Muslim Brotherhood group, which has been labeled a terrorist organization following the ousting of President Mohamed Morsi, an MB leader, in 2013.
Since then, the state has blamed the group for all terrorist operations that took place as well as terrorist schemes that the national security authorities managed to thwart. However, the MB, as an international group, has never claimed responsibility for any terrorist attack in Egypt since the 2013 incidents and has always claimed it is a peaceful organization.
The observatory of the forum earlier in February condemned the terrorist attacks that target the security checkpoints in North Sinai, calling upon the United Nations to designate the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist body.
The forum strongly condemned the attempted terror attack on a military concentration in North Sinai, in which Brigadier Mostafa Abido was killed.
Military spokesperson Tamer al-Refaei announced on Sunday that the Egyptian Armed Forces foiled the terror attack, killing 10 terrorists and destroying a four-wheel drive vehicle. However, the fire exchange resulted in seven casualties, two officers and five soldiers.
The Egyptian forum called upon the United Nations to announce the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist group as it is responsible for all the terrorist attacks that have been taking place in Sinai since June 30, 2013 Revolution.
The forum said that the MB has several terror organizations that carry out terrorist attacks under different names, affirming that some of the MB fugitive members are the masterminds behind such attacks.
The MB violates the international legitimate human rights and as a result it should be designated as a “terrorist group” globally, the forum added.
Leave a Comment